Giulio Di Sturco
An intimate storytelling
August 5/6 2017
How to create a personal style in contemporary Documentary photography. I will try to show you different forms of Documentary photography and storytelling of today and I will guide you trying to create and find your own personal vision and style.
Giulio Di Sturco
Giulio Di Sturco is an Italian photographer based in Bangkok, Thailand, with over 15 years of experience working internationally as a professional photographer; he currently works primarily throughout Asia and Africa.
Twice the first prize winner of the World Press Photo Awards, Sony World Photo Awards and the British Journal of Photography among other awards and recognitions.
Giulio continues to push the boundaries of documentary photography by constantly refining his aesthetic and expanding his visual vocabulary through new and old mediums. Much of his personal work focuses on human adversity in climates of environmental and technological evolution.
Giulio Di Sturco is currently represented by INSTITUTE
- First Prize WORLD PRESS PHOTO AWARD, in the Arts and Entertainment category
- First Prize. SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, Contemporary issues category
- First Prize. British Journal of Photography: INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
- Second Prize. PREMIO INTERNACIONAL DE FOTOGRAFIA HUMANITARIA LUIS VALTUEÑA
- First Prize. GLOBAL WORLD:Through the lens of human rights
- Selected for the Joop Swart Masterclass 2010
- Short-Listed, SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD,Current Affairs category
- Short-Listed, Antropographia 2011 Award for Human Rights
- Short-Listed, PREMIO INTERNACIONAL DE FOTOGRAFIA HUMANITARIA LUIS VALTUEÑA 2011
- First Prize Issue Reporting Picture Story, POYI INTERNATIONAL AWARD 2011
- PDN 30, EMERGING PHOTOGRAPHERS 2011
- Gold Medal, PX3 INTERNATIONAL AWARD 2011
- Bronze Medal, PX3 INTERNATIONAL AWARD 2012
- GOLD MEDAL PX3 INTERNATIONAL AWARD 2013
- DOCUMENTARY VIENNA PHOTO AWARD 2013
- WINNER OF THE KOLGA AWARD 2014
- WINNER OF THE GETTY GRANT FOR EDITORIAL 2014
- WORLD PRESS PHOTO 1st PRIZE STORIES CONTEMPORARY ISSUES 2015
- THIRD PRIZE SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, LANDSCAPE 2015
|Date:||August 5/6 2017|
|10% discount:||FIAF members, students, Canon newsletter subscribers, IED students, Eizo clients, students of photography schools, Visura members|
|15% discount:||15% discount if you acquire more than 3 workshops|
|Minimum number participants:||8|
|Maximum number participants:||15|
|The workshop is addressed to:||professional photographers|
|Language:||Italian / The presence of a translator is not provided.|
|What you need:||a laptop, your project (digital or printed)|
|Where:||Fortezza del Girifalco, Cortona|
Registration to the workshop
- Booking and payment details: after filling in your workshop application form you will receive an email with paymentinstructions. If you apply for a discount, we may ask for additional proof to show you are eligible.
- Info: for enrollment, further details and help to find an accommodation in Cortona, write to Jonathan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation: full reimbursement of the course fee is only possible if the tutor is unable to attend.